CISAC Work Opportunities
CISAC – the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers – is the world’s leading network of authors’ societies (also referred to as Collective Management Organisations, or CMOs). CISAC protects the rights and represents the interests of creators worldwide. With 227 member societies in 118 countries, CISAC represents over four million creators of music, audio-visual, drama, literature, and visual arts.
Offered position : Presidency & Creators Director
Organising the activities of President and Vice Presidents in their mission of representing CISAC and supporting the 3 Creators Councils in their operations.
- Identify opportunities for the President, Vice Presidents and Creators Councils to promote CISAC’s positions and views, including participation in public events, high level meetings with government officials, conferences and panel discussions.
- Analyse and prepare position papers, letters related to authors' rights for the President/VP/creators councils to endorse or sign,
- Coordinate lobbying campaigns between creators and CISAC,
- Coordinate and provide internal expert support to creators' councils and their alliances,
- Identify changes in creators' rights at national, regional and international levels and any topic which could be of interest for authors’ councils,
- Develop cooperation with instituions such as WIPO, UNESCO, European Institutions, and government agencies on the initiatives of Creators' Councils in coordination with CISAC's legal department,
- Prepare, organise and possibly accompany President and VPs in their missions including CISAC GAs,
- Gather documentation and material for them to ensure their mission of representing CISAC.
Skills and experience
- Good knowledge of the creator’s community
- Good knowledge of Collective Management
- Similar experience in project management and animating meetings preferably in a non-for-profit organisation,
- Similar experience in leading advocacy missions,
- Native English or Bilingual equivalent speaker / preferably French or Spanish as additional language
- French social package (for resident of France)
- Flexible working environment
To apply please contact email@example.com
With 227 member societies in 118 countries, CISAC represents more than 4 million creators from all geographic areas and all artistic repertoires; music, audiovisual, drama, literature and visual arts. CISAC is presided over by Swedish songwriter, musician, singer, guitarist, producer and a member of the Swedish musical group ABBA Björn Ulvaeus and our four Vice Presidents are: South African singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, humanitarian and teacher Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Mexican composer and director Arturo Márquez, Chinese director, writer and producer Jia Zhangke, and International Neo-Expressionist visual artist Miquel Barceló. CISAC protects the rights and promotes the interests of creators worldwide. We enable collective management organisations to seamlessly represent creators across the globe and ensure that royalties flow to authors for the use of their works anywhere in the world.
The Tech Lead will be :
Responsible for the technical direction of CIS-Net (network of creators’ works), ensuring that the team are productive and delivering high quality software. You will work with CISAC and Societies to come up with technical designs for new features, and mentor your team members in best practices for software development.
Responsible for the delivery of a stable CIS-Net experience to societies, providing a stable platform whilst ensuring the technology remains relevant by development, improvements/enhancements, new features etc.
Responsible for overseeing the work of the software developers and other technical staff. Act as a liaison between development teams, societies and CISAC Secretariat, providing regular updates on current status and helping to ensure that everyone is working toward the same goals.
Manage the day-to-day activities of the development, technical team. Assigning tasks, providing feedback, and ensuring that the team are meeting deadlines.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience leading a team of engineers, and will have a strong technical background in software development & project management. He or she will be a strong communicator, and will be able to work with people at all levels of the organization.
Technical Lead Job Duties
- Maintain CIS-Net on a daily basis to ensure full availability to CISAC members
- Coordinate activities with third party service providers
- Address any shortfall in CIS-Net operations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Societies, Third parties and other stakeholders
- Offer recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring high quality standards in all projects by establishing clear goals and expectations for team members
- Communicate with CISAC members and other Stakeholders to clarify requirements and solve technical problems
- Support the evaluation new technologies and recommending which ones CISAC should adopt
- Mentoring and guiding societies teams to help them develop their Knowledge of CIS-Net &
- technical skills
- Serve as the technical expert and primary point of contact for a team of developers and
- societies, providing leadership and mentorship
- Work with the CISAC Secretariat, societies and other stakeholders to define and scope
- technical projects
- Optimise existing systems and architecture for performance and scalability
- Handle short-term and mid-term projects concurrently and adjust on-the-fly as priorities
- Understand the business domain and be able to make trade-offs between competing demands
- Be data-driven in your decision making and use metrics to back up assumptions
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organisation
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed to help the CISAC team meet deadlines
- Proactively identify risks and roadblocks and work with the team to find creative solutions
Communication: The ability to convey your ideas clearly and encourage others to support your ideas & help your team collaborate and solve problems.
Leadership: Previous experience of leading and developing a technology team
Problem-solving: Experience of resolving technical issues and finding solutions to problems, ability to troubleshoot, solve technical issues and find alternative solutions to improve CISAC’s technology is essential. The ability to analyse a situation and make a decision based on the information you have, support the decision making process for the technology CISAC uses, the software developers use or the hardware the company purchases.
Project management: Responsible for overseeing the development of new products or services. This will require strong project management skills, which involve planning, organising and directing a team to complete a task, creating a timeline for the project and ensuring that the team meets deadlines.
Security: Experience of developing and implementing security measures that protect CISAC’S & Societies data and assets. The ability to identify potential threats and recommend solutions to mitigate them.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years in a technical leadership role for software development projects
- Expertise in at least one major programming language, with working knowledge of others
- In-depth understanding of the software development cycle, including agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to mentor and train junior developers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- or related field
- Advanced degrees or certifications in relevant disciplines
- 8+ years in a technical leadership role for software development projects
- Extensive experience with multiple programming languages
- Based in Paris
- Flexible working environment
- Salary : €80k / year
- French social package (for resident of France)
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
With 227 member societies in 118 countries, CISAC represents more than 4 million creators from all geographic areas and all artistic repertoires; music, audiovisual, drama, literature and visual arts.
CISAC is presided over by Swedish songwriter, musician, singer, guitarist, producer and a member of the Swedish musical group ABBA Björn Ulvaeus and our four Vice Presidents are: South African singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, humanitarian and teacher Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Mexican composer and director Arturo Márquez, Chinese director, writer and producer Jia Zhang-ke, and International Neo-Expressionist visual artist Miquel Barceló.
CISAC protects the rights and promotes the interests of creators worldwide. We enable collective management organisations to seamlessly represent creators across the globe and ensure that royalties ﬂow to authors for the use of their works anywhere in the world.
CISAC’s vision is to support its members by being the respected global voice of creators, advocating for the collective management model as the best way of protecting creators’ rights, and supporting members’ operations so that creators can be rewarded fairly for their work
To deliver our vision, our aim is to maintain trust and credibility through high standards implemented throughout the network of Collective Management Organisations that we represent. The new CISAC Support and Development Manager will work within the CISAC Business Team to achieve this objective.
You will work in close coordination with the CISAC regional directors (Asia, Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe) and the membership department; you will provide your expertise to and generate inputs from the other departments of CISAC.
You will report to the Director of Business.
Develop business support services to help CISAC members in the understanding and implementation of CISAC standards, rules and tools:
- Identify key areas where societies need support.
- Review current documentation and elaborate new documentation as appropriate.
- Propose training areas
Identify solutions available on the market to help CISAC members in their development and day to day operations:
- Compliance of the proposed solutions with CISAC standards and rules
- Adequacy of solutions with the level of development of the societies
- Enable sharing of solutions developed by the societies themselves
Deﬁne business cases to justify targeted support for societies which requires signiﬁcant eﬀorts from CISAC:
- Development of collective management in a sustainable market
- Expected beneﬁts on licensing income and distribution to rightsholders and sister CMOs
Skill and experience
- Trained as project manager
- Experience in support and development activities
- Experience in ﬁnancial or technical auditing helpful
- Minimum ﬂuency in English and Spanish
- Based in Paris
- 50k€ / year as salary plus package
- Flexible working organization
- Various social advantages
- Medical coverage